Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1280 x 1024.
Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1280 x 1024.
|
posted : 10 March 2011
title :
Food for thoughts.
I have mentioned this to two of my good friends before, but I still want to say it again, because many instances are continuously appearing before me. I am sure that I am not the only one who have observed this, but how many have actually admitted to their actions? I know many people who tell others that they are poor/from a low income family or cannot afford to pay this or that.. but in the end, I still see them so well fed, well dressed and equipped with the latest technology devices that you can find. Many Singaporeans, especially from the younger generations, love to hide their middle/low income status and try to show off by buying branded items and wearing them when they go out. So tell me.. are they still really the 'unfortunate ones' who need help..? Someone recently said to me that Singapore has become a place for only the rich, and I have to agree to that. Nothing in Singapore has ever stopped increasing in price; everything just keeps going up, up, and up. Of course, with the standard of living constantly improving, necessity and material value follow closely behind. There have been proliferating numbers of overseas stars migrating to Singapore while some are just visiting as tourists for their holiday; this is one example of the rich and foreign talents being attracted to the country. It is good that the country's economy is boosting, but it saddens me to see that that are increasing number of locals (the real people who experience it) suffering from this never ending inflation. Sigh. C'est la vie. C'est la vie. You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you. - James Allen |