The City That Never Sleeps
Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1280 x 1024.




posted : 21 October 2011
title :
We often forget that there are still people who love and care for us until we are reminded by their simple gestures.

As I stand alone in the dusk waiting my my aunt, peace and blessings filled me. The whole world seemed to come into standstill, allowing me that few minutes to assimilate into my environment where no one except me exist. The lamps filled the streets with light for the rushing people to get home, the busy vehicles that bustle on the road, the still buildings of people's homes lit with love and warmth floating out of them.. then I realised, how much work is needed for all this to exist, and no matter how much or how many people detest the government, we do need to thank the government for putting all this together for our people. This whole scene is so simple yet heartwarming.

My family, unable to be here with me tomorrow, reminded me of how they will never stop thinking about me wherever they are or wherever I am. I know, and I can feel, their love for me, thousands and thousands of miles away. Maybe living in Singapore is a right choice after all, because I am also reminded of the many people who still love and care for me. I thank them all for all the love and care, for I know no amount of gratitude will be able to express how I feel.

So many people made me touched today, my only way to show my appreciation is to work harder so that I can repay these people one day.

Life's simple pleasures.