Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1280 x 1024.
Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1280 x 1024.
|
posted : 02 February 2012
title :
It is the second semester into the first year. I am supposed to be happier than last semester as I do know my friends longer and a bit better than the previous semester. Yet, that is not the case.
University life fits the phrase 'so near yet so far' very nicely. I thought I would be able to find some friends who I can be close to, study together or even help one another. The friends I have gathered are nice people but it just does not seem right to me. I still get those kind of void feeling in me when I am around them. They seem to be in their world, which maybe is the real reality. I guess I am just sensitive and over-protected, I cannot seem to accept the fact that there are countless number of individuals with diverse characters and personality. And people are just extremely materialistic and realistic; they either become your friend because you are intelligent and nice or because you own branded products. The people of today do not even bother about the little things in life any longer, which I find it a pity. Friends are no longer the real friends, we do not talk about what are each others' likes and hobbies, just schoolwork every day nonstop. And to be honest, I am nowhere near happy. So here I am, stuck in a situation of not knowing which side to go to; the realistic world with the need of constant self-awareness or to my comfort zone of old tradition ways of living in my dream life? |