The City That Never Sleeps
Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1280 x 1024.




posted : 20 April 2012
title :
Yet, another person got accepted. 

Am I really a total failure or what? Or am I just too protected? I know I'm too protected and that is why I want to fly. The more I'm being held bounded, the more I want to fly and get out of my cage. Those who are given their freedom are people who learn and mature faster. 
As for people like me? We  just take things for granted and continue slogging in our comfortable zone with everything prepared for us; we'll never learn what it is like to suffer and learn the hard way. 

I understand and appreciate my parents thoughts of giving me an easier life where I can just fully concentrate on my studies but academics is not about everything or the future.  How many future employers will look at purely academics? My seniors all tell me how important life skills are when looking for a job now. I know people will condemn me for being so stupid and not appreciative of what my parents have gone through and provided for me, but I know, I know myself. If its something that I don't like, you can never force me to do. 

The most likely thing that I'll ever do is to keep mum and just obliged to what I have to do. Say I'm selfish, yes I am, but which human today really display selfless and altruistic character? All of us have our wants and needs; I cannot complain as  I have all that I need already. Maybe I'll achieve my wants once I become capable of it..  Meanwhile, just have to enjoy what lays in front of me.. And take it as an experience or a volunteered sacrifice. I need to learn how to find peace with myself.