The City That Never Sleeps
Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1280 x 1024.




posted : 14 January 2013
title :
It has been a long time since I really posted. The last post does not count because it was just a short intervention to get me start writing again. There have been just too many happenings in my life since the last post in November and I have no idea where to start. Throughout this short holiday, memories just constantly flashback through my mind in random order.

First, exams. Saw my grades and was happier than my previous results though I expected more of myself than what I have gotten. I hope that this can motivate me to continue to work hard and just do my best though I know very clearly that it is hard to maintain or bring my CGPA higher.

Teaching tuition was more fun yet exhausting than I expected. Well, I guess sometimes it is really based on luck to get better behaved students. My students made me appreciate my past teachers more than before, for I understand better what my teachers had gone through with us. A pity is that I will not be able to continue teaching because I don't think I will be able to cope with my work and news of the owner selling his tuition centre just came.

After my one month part-time holiday job, went back with my mother to BJ. I cannot say that I was looking forward, it was more of a self-obligation to spend more time and be filial while I can to my parents. However, it was not a wasted trip either. I managed to experience situations which I was unable to before; and tried new food which I have not come across. I am thankful for having the chance to ice-skate on a frozen lake by the Forbidden Palace and to climb the Great Wall once again, a decade later. The best part about climbing the Great Wall is the day which I went, had rare blue skies the whole day and snow covering the Great Wall. Picture perfect!

TW was another fun trip though pigeons were put on me. Yet, I kind of enjoyed travelling alone; felt some peace and independence while enjoying the beautiful scenery. Thankfully, I met people who I could trust and had classmate who came up to be my tour guide as well. So it was a good trip all in all, and I half wished that I had extended my stay; just that I couldn't due to time constrain and my parents. I know I will visit there again one day to cover other parts. It feels good to be a half-backpacker because one really learn a lot by just a trip alone.


You said, "Because less is more; lower amount brings higher satisfaction". Does that means that spending less time reaps higher appreciation? Which in turn, creates higher yearning towards having the same experience or more? I wonder if it is just a post- thing or I did really enjoyed myself. Truth to be told, haven't felt that secure or comfortable for awhile. Maybe a little too comfortable; I keep telling myself it's like siblings. Because I know what will happen if anything happens, so better stop before any harm is done. Sometimes I think I am a bit insane, lol.