Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1280 x 1024.
Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1280 x 1024.
|
posted : 03 July 2013
title :
Unknowingly, I have been thinking about Shanghai a lot recently. And I believed that I was fated to think about it. News broke today that you finally moved on. Well, I have to say that it did caused me to raise my eyebrows for a moment; but seeing your blissful smile makes me happy for you as well.
Talking to friends and colleagues about my travel and life experiences make me wander back into nostalgia, with sweet memories flooding back. It made me reflect and think more about my life; the people I met, the decisions made throughout those few years, as well as the outcome and consequences of my choices. There were decisions which I regretted making, but my memories only bring smiles back during each recollection. Those were indeed days I would never forget.
They say that people change and will eventually move on, I didn't really believe or could fathom the actual meaning until now. Sad to say that though we have best friends in our lives, we move on to make more friends and our best friends' category just keep growing bigger. Well, mine doesn't but I realised that the term 'best friends' isn't what it used to be any longer. We don't tell our best friends everything that is happening in our lives right now; because there is just too much to update and we don't know if the changes in us can be accepted by our best friends.
Not saying that we are not best friends any longer, but best friends still do drift apart in some ways as our lives go on with the entrance of more new people, decisions and change that we make in ourselves. I can honestly say that I do let my best friends know as much as I can; which I can be seen as self-centered as I am constantly talking about myself only. Maybe that is why I have come to realised lately that I don't know so much about their lives anymore. I don't blame my best friends as I understand that as we grow older, we have growing commitments and we do start to move in different directions. I have to admit that I am guilty of turning to some of my university good friends and not my best friends about certain issues; I know all of us feel the same way - we feel that certain (other) friends could relate to what has happened better than our best friends. Yet, keeping in mind that our best friends will always be there for us no matter what happens. I believe that is the sweetness of friendship ♥
|