Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1280 x 1024.
Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1280 x 1024.
|
posted : 17 February 2020
title :
Frustrations.
Everybody have their own share of frustrations, but the sad reality is no one really cares; well except maybe your family and that few handful friends who really genuinely cares.
Bad Luck.
Most of us have average luck, some better, some worse. I think I’m tiered in the third of the three.
Things always have to all come crashing at the wrong time for me and people are self-centred just the way we are as humans.
True Story.
Went for an overseas trip over the lunar new year, fell sick at the beginning of the trip, came back and took medical leave on first Monday back to work. Boss was not very happy about it but still bought Vitamin C and told me to take more and get well soon.
Between that one week, went for another trip overseas with my family just because I cherish my family time greatly and people who are married know that you don’t get much of these quality time once you start your own home.
I try to make it a point to go for an overseas trip with my family once a year if we can afford it; anyone knows organising an overseas trip is never an easy feat, let alone find a common time as we grow older.
Before I went on the trip, my boss did tell me not to get sick as I am expected to show up for work because we have a busy month ahead. I was still recovering that time and I could only jokingly say I will do my best to take care, because I am not god, I cannot guarantee anything that will happen to me the next moment, no?
So I went for the trip, got better until the last day of the trip where the there was an unexpected drastic temperature change which I thought I had packed well and was ready for it. Best part - we did not have aircon nor on the fan, only had one window opened out of the two, husband slept beside the window (fyi: it was two single beds with a relatively wide side table wedge in between our beds) while I slept in the inner bed and the flu still caught on to me.
Flew back on Friday and almost died, using up two boxes worth of tissues trying to manage my random continuous blocked and leaking nose. Once I felt unwell on Friday morning, I messaged the weekend boss on the weekend job that I had agreed to help out informing that I might not be able to make it, thinking on the behalf of them and the people - not wanting to have my sniffling sounds captured and raising unnecessary alarms to the people I’ll be working with thinking that I have some virus and making them worried / complain to the boss that I should not be there.
Yet, I was told that I should try to make it for 6 hours out of the 9 hours, so I did. Because no matter how sick I am, I could not let a pregnant boss to stand in on my behalf because she wouldn’t get someone else on my behalf. After the 6 hours which my day begun at 4am, my nose started to stuffed and blocked for the next 2 hours while on my journey home and at home. Knocked out 3 hours straight after a hot shower and when the nose finally gave in and let me feel alive again.
Rested whole on Sunday because I felt worse - nose still stuffed up for half the day after being a good girl eating my meds since I detected being ill from Friday morning. Those who know me knows I am not one who believes in meds because I do not want my body to be reliant on it as well as my tolerance window on it to increase, so taking meds is a huge deal for me; not getting better is an annoyance for me. I could still hear the boss words echoing in my head. My parents insisted I try Panadol for Flu and husband went to get it for me, me in hopes that I would be well to work the next day.
The day finally came when I was still not better, texted the boss told her I would see the doctor and updated her that the doctor gave me 3 days medical leave because my condition was not fit to work… and to receive the reply that it is a busy month and the boss cannot be hold the fort up for the (incompetent) senior boss and me…
And guess what, this is after I worked the entire afternoon non-stop while being sick and given medical leave and told to rest more.
My conclusion.. is I really don’t understand how do you expect your employee to fully recover when you expect them to work while their sick?
And don’t work for others, because they are not accountable for you nor your health, they are only interested for you to fulfil their interest. Those who become employee will spend their lives fulfilling other people’s dreams at their expense.
Other BackStory.
It was not easy finding a common time due to our different work commitments and I had to negotiate with my boss just to let me go for these trips for about 5 times just to convince her that all my work will be cleared before I go and it will not be affected because I will check my mails on and off to ensure BAU. And I did, on both trips and replied to emails that were not pressing issues though I did not have to and was not expected to.
They always say be kind, you never know what others are going through in their lives.
Sometimes I wonder why am I always being kind to others but no one is kind enough to understand me? |